Hello Friends! Hope you enjoyed yesterday's blog hop. Today is my turn to show you the project I made for Challenge #10. Just to remind you.......
Challenge #10 Spray It! Ink It! Paint It! Smear It! Emboss It!
Show us your inner mixed media diva! Use spray mists, inks, paints, modeling paste, embossing powder, pastels, chalk, and whatever messy media you can find! Let's dig into that hoard, pull out some of that "messy stuff," and use it up! There is a mess-maker hiding in all of you! Let her/him out to play!
Here is my project!
I really did make quite a mess creating this tag! To start, I covered a #8 Manilla Tag (6 1/4 x 3 1/8") with some patterned paper. Then using the Bubbles Stencil from StencilGirl, I applied some modeling paste to the upper left hand corner and down the left side a bit. After it dried, I used my sponge and some Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and inked up the edges and the modeling paste! Then I made my flowers with Vellum from WorldWin papers. I cut/embossed the vellum in all different sizes of flowers. Then using a sponge and Chiffon Mix'd Media Inx, I applied the ink and let it dry. Once dry, I assembled my flowers. I was very careful when shaping my flowers as the vellum is a bit delicate. I added the pearls in the middle and white dots using a white gel pen.
Here are a few close-ups.
I used a stamp set from The Rubber Cafe' for my sentiment. I thought this tag would be perfect on a solid color gift bag. What do you think?
Don't forget this Challenge is a blog hop. Here is your hop list for today......
- Stamps - Make Life Sweet - The Rubber Cafe' May Creative Kit of the Month
- Cardstock - Vellum, Smooth Ivory - WorldWin Papers
- Patterned Paper - Posy Patch Collection - Heartfelt Creations
- Tools - Bubbles Stencil - StencilGirl; Classic Ovals Lg, Frames Two Die D-Lites - Spellbinders Paper Arts, Tattered Blossoms Die - Heartfel Creations
- Ink - Victorian Velvet Distress Ink - Ranger; Chiffon Mix'd Media Inkx - ColorBox; Rose Red Classic Ink - Stampin' Up!
- Embellishments - Pearl flourish, Single Pearls - Want2Scrap; ivory lace (from my stash); White Pitt Artist Pen - Faber-Castell