Hello Friends! It's time for our Craft Hoarders Anonymous Monthly blog hop! I am really excited to share with you the project that I created for this blog hop. If you started at the beginning of the hop, that means you came from Gloria's Blog. If you didn't start at the beginning you might want to hop on back to check out the great projects you missed! We don't really have a theme for this month's hop but I have to tell you that I am tired of this gray, dreary weather we are having here and I am ready for Spring!
Hopefully my project makes you think of spring, too!
For this card, I used a die and stencil set from Tonic Studios called Decorative Daffodil Double Detail Die & Stencil Set. It's a really cool die/stencil. To create the look I have for this card, I die cut the Decorative Daffodil die from white cardstock. Then I inked up the stencil using Versamark and embossed it onto the die cut. After embossing, I sprinkled on Stamp & Bond Powder and heat set it. This leaves a tacky surface that I sprinkled Nuvo Pure Sheen Light Gold Glitter and when I heat set it again, the glitter was adhered right where I wanted it to be! I completed the card by adding some patterned paper, ribbon and a sentiment.
This is what the die set looks like. There is a die and a stencil you can emboss or ink up after you die cut! It's easy peasy to line it all up, too!
Here is a close- up of my project....
This card measures 4 x9" and will fit into a business size envelope. I hope you have enjoyed my project today. Now it is time for you to hop on over to Pam Bray's blog and check out her awesome project!
Here is a list of supplies I used for my project - there are affiliate links. Affiliate links are a way for me to earn a little bit of money to help offset some of the costs of my blog, etc. Thanks!
- Tonic Studios Products - 1137E Decorative Daffodil Double Detail Die & Stencil Set, 484E Mixed Rectangle Layering Set - smallest die in set, 707N Pure Sheen Glitter Light Gold, 203N Nuvo Glue Pen Medium
- Stamp - sentiment - Heartfelt Creations
- Cardstock & Patterned Paper - Tim Holtz Idea-ology -Wallflower Paper Collection, Pear & White Cardstock
- Ink - Versamark Ink Pad, Rich Cocoa Memento Ink Pad
- Misc - Stamp & Bond Powder , Heat Embossing Tool, Yellow Dotted Ribbon